If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (503) 283-3658

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold & Your Health

8/1/2018 (Permalink)

Some of the most problematic mold is the mold that you can't see!

Many Portland homeowners may not even be aware of the mold in their home, particularly if it is unusual looking. Mold can be white and thread like or it can appear as clusters of small black spots. Mold can vary in color and may be black, greyish brown, green or white. There is even mold that is pinkish in color.

Sometimes the only evidence of hidden mold in your home is a musty smell. This indicator should not be ignored. Just because mold is out of sight, does not mean that it is not able to cause harm and damage.

Mold tends to flourish in warm, damp & humid areas. Leaky basements and crawlspaces are prime areas for mold growth. Mold feeds on wet organic materials found in carpet, drywall, insulation and wood and releases spores. Exposure to these spores can cause several health problems in both humans and pets.

Mold commonly poses health problems invlolving the respiratory system. Sneezing, coughing, rashes, irritated eyes and fatigue are also common among those who have had chronic exposure to mold in their homes. It is important to the physical health of all occupants that mold is dealt with as soon as possible.

Long term mold exposure is especially problematic for elderly people, infants and small children and those with allergies and pre-existing respiratory problems.  

Mitigating your mold problem immediately can spare your family of its harmful effects. If you see or smell mold in your home, the experts at SERVPRO of NW Portland are here to help. Call us today to set up a consultation with one of our technicians. 503-283-3658

Other News

View Recent Posts