Stay safe during winter weather in the Portland Area
STOP! If you have water damage in your property right now, call us at 503-SERVPRO RIGHT NOW. Don’t wait to mitigate - the longer damage sits unattended, the more likely it will develop secondary damage. Call us at 503-SERVPRO now.
The Portland Metro Area experienced an “Atmospheric River” in the recent month, and now our area is anticipating a snowfall in the coming week. As we head into the coldest part of our winter season, now is the perfect time to check that you, your family, and your home is prepared for serious winter weather.
Be aware that heavy snow storms and winter weather can:
- Last a few hours or several days;
- Knock out heat, power, and communication services; and
- Place older adults, young children, and sick individuals at greater risk.
You can prepare NOW for winter weather to help manage the risks that come with it.
- Consider signing up to receive emergency alerts from The Emergency Alert System (EAS) and listening to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Weather Radio.
- Gather supplies in case you need to stay home for several days without power. Do not forget the needs of pets.
- Create an emergency supply kit for your car. Include jumper cables, sand, a flashlight, warm clothes, blankets, bottled water, and non-perishable snacks. Keep the gas tank full.
If your home or business ends up sustaining damage from winter weather, call SERVPRO of Northwest Portland as soon as possible - we can help you get your property restored to preloss condition. Don’t wait to mitigate - call us as soon as you see storm damage on your property: 503-283-3658.
Sources: Ready.Gov, The American Red Cross