Fire Damage Can Affect More than Exterior Walls in a Portland Residence
Portland Fires Cause Problems to Wiring and Plumbing Inside Walls
Any size fire can be traumatizing, including small fires in the bathroom or kitchen, simply because of how quickly a fire can spread. Even smaller, more localized fires that are easily extinguished without help from the fire department can still pose problems later on, however. Fires do not have to become large before they can cause damage to the rest of the home.
The heat produced by the flames can also cause fire damage to Portland properties. When the wiring inside walls is affected by heat, this can cause damage to that wiring. If that installation happens to provide electricity to other rooms, the damage can cause problems later. Also, it might not only be the fire that creates a problem, but also any water that is used to extinguish a fire.
Firefighters' hoses blast water at a high-pressure level when battling fires, and this can produce enough of an impact that water becomes saturated inside walls and ceilings. Steam is produced in large amounts as water hits burning materials, traveling just as far as water can, and penetrating into locations even more easily than it does in its liquid form.
SERVPRO technicians are educated and trained in IICRC approved methods. We know that checking the wiring well can reveal any corroded areas in your home's electrical system. When corrosion is located, wiring must be replaced to ensure that there is no elevated risk of future fires. We work with qualified electricians, so your home receives the services required to restore everything promptly. When plumbing has been affected by fire or heat, we ensure that this aspect of your home is also repaired.
We know your family does not want to wait an additional week, or even a single day, longer than what they need to before returning home after a disaster as terrible as a house fire. Ensuring that plumbing, electrical wiring, and anything else that needs repair work is all done so that everything is finished around the same time is important to your family and us as well.
SERVPRO of Northwest Portland can be reached at any time, day or night, by calling our local number (503) 283-3658. We can help you and your family by restoring your home, so the fire soon becomes only a distant memory. "Like it never even happened."
Fires can have hidden monetary costs. click