Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Due to the consistently wet climate of the Pacific Northwest, mold issues are a common problem for West Linn home owners. Many Portland area residents may not even be aware that mold is growing inside of their home. For some, mold is merely an unsightly and smelly problem. For those who suffer from respiratory conditions or allergies, the problem can be much more severe and be a major health concern. For those with this type of sensitivity, removal of mold is crucial to their general health and well-being.
According to the US Environmental Protection Agency, it is not advisable to attempt to clean more than 10 square feet of mold, and may require a contractor who specializes in mold removal.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (503) 283-3658
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Northwest Portland for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Northwest Portland has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- St. Johns
- Hayden Island
- Jantzen Beach
- Cathederal Park